Making the Most of Difficult Times
1 Peter 3:8-18
Pastor David Yetter
When facing hard times, we normally make it our aim to get out as quickly as possible. Might God intend to work in or through us in those difficult times and places? Let's think about making the most of difficult days from 1 Peter 3.
1. Be relationally ____________.
1 Peter 3:8
2. Be proactively ____________.
1 Peter 3:9-14
3. Be spiritually ____________.
1 Peter 3:14-18
Growth Group Questions
1. What are some difficult circumstance you are facing now or have faced recently?
2. If God intends to use difficult times to work in or through us (maybe to reach others!), are we're entirely focused on wiggling or working our way out of the difficulty, who misses out?
3. Can you think of ways God might use your current or recent challenges to provide a platform to positively impact others?
4. Being "proactively good" means to be alert and ready to bless others. Does this sound like a sweet adventure, a bother and a core, or ________________? Explain.
5. How can we pray for each other and help each other to make the most of difficult times?