Equipping Ourselves with the Full Armor of God
Pastor Pat Boyd
Understanding the spiritual Battle we are in...
- Know our _____________________.
10) Finally be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11). Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."
I Peter 5:8
2. Know God's ______________ for us.
13) Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come."
I Timothy 4:8
A Closer Look at the Full Armor of God
14) Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist...
"Jesus said, 'If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
14) Stand firm then...with the breastplate of righteousness in place...
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ"
II Corinthians 5:17-18
15) Stand firm then, with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
"Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."
I Timothy 4:16
16) In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
II Corinthians 10:5
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."
17) Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.